Truecaller is a world-famous application not designed only for blocking spam messages and calls; you can enjoy a lot of amazing features of the app free of cost. With truecaller, you can know the caller’s name even if his number is not saved in your contact list. You can search any number and know the email address, location, and other details if the user has an account on truecaller. Users can create a personal or business account on this application. You can make video calls to your friends, colleagues, and clients, but for this purpose, you need a Google video calling application called Duo. You can search any phone number in the search bar and block unknown numbers and sales calls. With the truecaller application, you can organize your messages more perfectly so that you may not miss any important messages.
Truecaller as a default calling app:
The standard phone layout bore us due to limited custom changes. In this modern era, we always want a pleasing change in everything; users can set truecaller as the default calling app or messaging app easily. The default truecaller app will freshen your mood and fill a unique, pleasing sensation. When installing, a pop-up window appears if you want to set truecaller as your default calling app. But if you missed that chance, you can still make truecaller a default calling app by using the simple steps which are given below:
- Open your device settings or click on the gear icon.
- Scroll down and click on ‘app management.
- In the ‘app management’ option, see ‘default apps.’
- Click on default apps, and a list of various applications appears; you have to scroll down, and you will see ‘phone app.’
- Click on the phone app, and here you will see two options probably, one is the phone or the other is truecaller. If you want to set truecaller as the default calling app, select truecaller, and here you go! You have set truecaller as a default calling application.
Truecaller as a default messaging app:
If you are bored with the limited customization options of the standard messaging app on your phone. Then you can set truecaller as a default messaging app to enjoy more remarkable features. You can simply follow a few steps and easily set truecaller as the default messaging app.
- Open your phone settings, then scroll down and click on ‘app management.
- In the app management, you will find an option, ‘default apps.’
- Click on default apps; you will see a list of applications; you have to click on ‘SMS app.’
- Tapping the SMS app, you will see all messaging applications, including Messenger, but you have to select truecaller to set truecaller as the default messaging application.
When setting truecaller as a default calling app, truecaller requires permissions like phone log, contact, camera, microphone, message, and others. You have to provide all these permissions to truecaller for the proper functioning of this app. Truecaller needs to build its phone database to detect spam calls and malicious messages.
To remove truecaller from the default calling or messaging application:
Some users are inquisitive about their privacy, so they don’t want to provide any access to their devices to any third-party application. Therefore, they want to remove truecaller from their default settings. You can easily remove truecaller from the default calling app.
- You have to open your phone’s setting icon.
- Then scroll down and click on ‘app management’.
- Tap on app management you will see the ‘default app’.
- Click on default apps; you will see a list of apps appear; you have to click on the phone app to remove truecaller from your default calling app.
- Click on the ‘phone app’, and then you will see truecaller was selected as a default calling app. You have to select the ‘phone ( system default)’ icon. And you have removed truecaller from your default calling app.
Remove truecaller from the default messaging app:
Users can easily remove the truecaller application from the default messaging application with simple steps.
- Open your device setting, scroll down, and click on ‘app management
- In ‘app management’, you will find the ‘default apps’ option
- Click on default apps, a list of the application appears, and you have to click on the SMS app
- Then you will see all your messaging applications, and truecaller was set as a default messaging application. You have to select ‘messages ( system default)’, and you will remove truecaller from your default messaging application.